Free Bass Lessons -- Electric Bass Questions Answered

Free bass lessons and advice from professional bassist and NJ certified music teacher Andrew Pfaff. All content © Andrew Pfaff. Any redistribution of content in this blog must be free and un-altered.

Saturday, January 17, 2004

choosing a bass amp (pt. 2)

>Dear Andrew,
>Thanks a lot, this does help me out, and i was thinking while reading your response, could you send me an audio clip of some sort of how you sound, i'm interested in how you sound. I understand what you were saying about low end sounding, and one of the bands that i am in that's what they want, but i also need some high end with another band that im in. If not that is cool too and thanks for the help.
>Thanks a lot,
>-A


Dear A,
The quickest reference I could give you for how I sound is to have you go to my website and follow the bigger frame on the right down to a link to an mp3 of me playing fretless along with a drummer and guitarist *(ED. NOTE: this link taken down)*. Also, if go to my links page and follow the one for Kika, I don't know if the place she's selling her cd has audio clips, but maybe. Especially if you can find one for "Wasteland." At least I think the track was called that. For a less wild thing, follow the Robin Haffley link from my links page. I think he may have clips up from a record I played on for him which is an instrumental jazz thing.
Also, regarding the "more highs, less highs" thing, my guess is that if you get a rig together that you really like and has a good "basic" sound for you, you should be able to get all the contrast you need between a more trebly and less trebly sound just with different ways of attacking the string. A harder touch will make the string smack against the fingerboard and some of those really high overtones will be more pronounced (like you hear in many player's slap/pop techniques). Just something to think about.
Andy
http://www.andrewpfaff.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home