Free Bass Lessons -- Electric Bass Questions Answered

Free bass lessons and advice from professional bassist and NJ certified music teacher Andrew Pfaff. All content © Andrew Pfaff. Any redistribution of content in this blog must be free and un-altered.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Piano Class = Survival Skills

I teach a beginning piano class at the high school where I work. Last night my piano students gave a recital. While a couple of my students had some previous piano experience, and recital performance experience, most did not. They started playing piano in September.

It's those new students I'm the most proud of. Each one of them had to step outside their comfort zone and confront some fear. Happily, each and every student survived the experience.

That's the point. If I make you a better piano player that's just a bonus. But if you leave my class knowing you did something you weren't sure you could do, that's the lasting value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home