Free Bass Lessons -- Electric Bass Questions Answered

Free bass lessons and advice from professional bassist and NJ certified music teacher Andrew Pfaff. All content © Andrew Pfaff. Any redistribution of content in this blog must be free and un-altered.

Saturday, December 11, 2004

The Price of Fame

So the other day I heard from a couple of my guitar students that the guy from the now-defunct band Pantera had been shot and killed onstage playing a gig with his new band.

To me it's another example of the hidden price of fame: many, many people know you but you don't know them. Your chances of exposure to crazy people, some violently crazy who might hurt or kill you, rise exponentially the more famous you are.

Makes me glad I got over wanting to be famous a long, long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home